Monday, March 30, 2009

Not so mute Mondays :)

I don't feel like being mute today...yet I have nothing to say really...such a tragedy I know! :) My husband and I went back to Oklahoma this past weekend. On thursday we went to the symphony orchestra concert at OCU, can we say memories? The concert was great, and we got to hear Louise Bass play the organ in the chapel there and it was amazing to hear her and the strings. I do have to say they have really improved since the last time I was there. We got to visit with some of our old professors and just really enjoyed being there again. One of Ry's old students from Ardmore was there and decided to give us the grand tour of the new music building because the last time we were there it was the grand opening and it wasn't even finished yet. We saw the new part but mostly we wanted to see the old part of the building...where we spent the majority of our life. It was truly the hardest thing to go through. To see all those empty abandoned classrooms where we once had music history and music theory was very difficult and probably the hardest room to go into was 344 the rehearsal hall...when I walked in I just looked around the room and began to cry because it was so overwhelming to have all those memories come flowing back. All the tough grueling rehearsals that we had daily in there...all that hard work that I put into...it almost felt like a ghost town. It was probably a good thing I didn't go into Petree because it would be the same. I have so many good...no great memories there at OCU and would give anything to go back. I also went by my old flute professor's office and was just overcome by tears yet again and just couldn't hold them back. Call me a sap call me whatever you want but I'm telling you, you have no idea what it's like to live four years of your life in a place where you made numerous amounts of memories and then go back to that place not be able to hold back the tears. The new part of the music school was fantastic, and I'm sure if I was actually attending there now I would just love it, but I can't give up the love that I have for the old part of the building, it's like a long lost love that you can't let go. It was good to go back though and remember...



1 comment:

  1. AWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THATS SOOOO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! IM SOOOO HAPPY FOR U!!!!!!!!! I KNOW THAT FEELING!!!!!!!!!! UGH!!!!!!!!! JUST MAKES ME CRY THINKING BACK ON ALL THE MEMORIES IN MY LIFE!!!!!!!! SOOOO MANY CHANGES!!!!!!!! ITS CRAZY!!!!!!!!! I MISS MY OLD LIFE!!!!!! :'( HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!!!!!!!! SORRY UR SOOOO BUSY NOW!!!! LUV YA SOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete