Thursday, October 7, 2010

Just Isaac

These lyrics were in my Bible study today and in the study we were talking about the story of Sarah and Abraham and how Sarah got so impatient with the Lord when it came to having children that she decided to take it upon herself and believe that she could bear life through her servant by using her husband. We all know the story, it turned out disaterious, Hagar did conceived a son named Ishmael and Sarah grew a hatred towards her...eventually the Lord gave Sarah her son, Isaac. All in all, we need to look at, other than God, who or what are we trying to build our life through? If we are trying to build our life through someone else or depending on someone else so much that it starts effecting our lives, those people/things become idols to us. Live your life through Christ, depend on Him and only Him. He will give you what you need in His time. Wait patiently on Him, so we have more "Isaacs" and not so many "Ishmaels" and maybe not so many will get hurt in the process.

JUST ISAAC

I couldn't blame her for striving
I'd do the same thing if I were driving
With a half view and a wild tale
Delivered by an angel

I've been so tired for the waiting
Thought I was crazy or at best mistaken
As the sun set down on a thousand nights
With everyone a pieces of me dies for...

CHORUS
Just Isaac, nothing more
Just your promise and not my forced, crude hands helping out
Adding stuff till it crashes down
Just Isaac, nothing more
Just your promise and not my forced, mixed blessings and surprises
When everything I ever wanted was just Isaac

Complications and Ishmaels
Why couldn't I believe that you'd be faithful
That you'll have your way, either way
With all my extras or just plain...

CHORUS

No comments:

Post a Comment